Successful Use Cases
In high volumes manufacturing industries, our customers were often limited in their productivity due to visual quality control. Industries such as Automotive, Aeronautics, Luxury items and Consumer Goods are now installing Scortex Solution in their factories to take a new step into total quality control.
Whether it is plastic, polymers, metal, wood or packaging, Scortex Quality Intelligence Solution is able to get images, learn from them, spot defects and trigger actions at manufacturing speed.
Luxury Cosmetics - Golden reflective plastic parts
Worldwide Tier 1 in Luxury and Pharma industries.
Produces millions of varnished & metallized plastics parts for perfumes and cosmetics
- Quality for customers
- Ergonomic improvement
- Cost reduction
- Combining quality inspection with automated production
- 100% defect detection on line
- Integration on existing line with parts in rotation and translation
- Very high speed: 3 parts per seconds
Worldwide manufacturer of industrial equipement.
Turnover of more than 20B€ and 200+ factories.
- Highly reflective parts with varying textures
- 7 defect types such as scratch, hit mark, lapping, flare, stain
- Inspection cycle time: 1 seconde
Solution in production
- 100% Automated online inspection
- Inspection integrated in existing machine with linear motion
- Automatic conformity decision based on quality zoning
- Defects' pareto and conformity decision shared live to factory MES
Automotive Chromed plastic parts
French manufacturer in the automotive and consumer goods industry.
Produces millions of chromed & painted plastics parts.
- Reduce missed defects at inspection and customer claims
- Reduce inspection manpower
- Improve quality reporting for reactive process parameters tuning
Solution in production
- 100% Automated inspection
- Inspection station handling trays of >150 parts
- 10 part references, 10 defect types such as lack of coating, stains, bumps...
- No changes made to part handling process
- Inspection cycle: 0.4 second per part
Automotive Forged Parts
German Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry producing forged parts at high volume.
Annual production of more 300.000 tons.
- Full automation of production and quality control process
- Manage different part references with different geometry
- Handle complex visual defect with subjectivity
- Reduce total cost of quality
- 100% Automated defect detection
- Inspection station with rotating parts
- Detect, localise & classify defects in real-time: 30 parts/min
- 50+ References with 4 different type of defects such as cracks, flashes, wrinkles & hit marks